Are you this outstanding, internationally recognized, postdoctoral researcher who wants to further develop their own research line and to set up their own research group within Amsterdam UMC?
The Amsterdam UMC Fellowship offers the opportunity for two outstanding, internationally recognized, postdoctoral researchers to further develop their own research lines and to set up their own research groups within Amsterdam UMC. The candidate must have the potential to advance to full professor within ten years.
As Amsterdam UMC aims to promote diversity in our organization, at least one of the two selected Fellows will be representing an underrepresented background.
- To apply, you will be asked to submit your CV via the application button, but instead you should attach the application form that can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org. This form should include a description of the proposed research that the applicant intends to conduct at Amsterdam UMC.
- In addition, a letter of support from the head of the receiving department at Amsterdam UMC is requested; this can be added in place of the cover letter. This letter should also describe the departments career policy, support and mentoring. In case of an internal candidate the letter should also describe the current position and embedment of the candidate in the department as well as prospected changes in the next five years.
- Prestigious personal grant laureate at midcareer level. For example a (nearly) successful completion of a prestigious personal grant at junior postdoc level (e.g.VENI) or preparing for a proposal for VIDI, ERC Starting grant or an equivalent.
- Alignment of their research topic with one of the eight research institutes of Amsterdam UMC (https://www.amsterdamumc.org/research.htm)
- Proven track academic record (e.g. publications, invited speaker, etc.)
- Experience in research management
- Demonstrable affinity with education
- Experience abroad is a plus
- In case of equal suitability, preference will be given to an external candidate
The Amsterdam UMC Fellowship consists of maximum €750.000 for a maximum of five years. The award can be spent a.o. on salary of the applicant, a PhD student and/or bench fee. It spans a five-year period with an interim evaluation after two years.
The Fellowship includes a tenure track with the possibility to acquire a tenured position after 5 years. Amsterdam UMC offers a stimulating 5-year career and personal development trajectory in a challenging research environment.
Amsterdam Research (https://www.amsterdamumc.org/research.htm
) brings together opinion leading academic research in the field of Health & Life Sciences developed in the Amsterdam region. In doing so - and on the authority of the two medical centers and the two universities - Amsterdam has eight Research Institutes, each with dedicated expertise and focus on particular disease indications.
Amsterdam UMC is one of the foremost research organizations in the Netherlands, as well as one of its largest hospitals. It is a world in which patient care, research and education are integrated, and in which people are always central. It is full of possibilities for talented individuals who are looking for a place where they can excel. Amsterdam UMC advocates a broader evaluation of academic staff, in line with the current national and international discussion on Recognition & Rewards. This includes impact, outreach, leadership, research and education.
Our research covers the whole spectrum of biomedical research: from fundamental science and proof-of-concept studies to applied clinical studies, health services research and medical informatics. This concentration of expertise make the centers a breeding ground for fruitful scientific collaborations. In this way, we aim to respond effectively to the current and future medical needs.
Our biomedical researchers have access to high-quality facilities and the relevant patient material. The scientific careers of talented young researchers are stimulated by the ‘Principal Investigator’ system, which challenges them to develop their own lines of research. For more information, please go to https://www.amsterdamumc.org/research.htm
There will be a strict selection procedure and an assessment might be part of the selection. More information can be found at Amsterdam UMC Fellowship
For more information about this position please contact Raiza Hasrat
, Research Policy Advisor, via Fellowship@amsterdamumc.nl
For more information about the application process please contact Tanja Hart
, Recruitment advisor, via 06-21603178
or via email@example.com
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.